Sustainability Los Angeles Region: Thursday February 10
Solar/Renewal Energy, Microgrid, batteries, Ev charging
Net-Carbon Zero, infrastructure security, Cloud
Sustainability Greater Los Angeles: February 10
Sustainability is a critically important objective for organizations of all sizes, as they want to protect the environment, support the community, meet the expectations of employees and customers, plus create a business model where exceeding targets for both financial performance and global warming initiatives are compatible.
This program is specifically designed for organizations in greater Los Angeles, including LA plus San Bernardino, Kern, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties. It will help them understand the technologies listed below and the comprehensive array of initiatives, resources, grants, financial incentives, etc. offered by local city, county and state government agencies, plus utilities, to accelerate their own sustainability projects.
- Solar Energy: Panel Sizing, Layout Design, Installation Best Practices, Integration with Existing Power Sources
- MicroGrids: Onsite Electricity Storage, Battery Configuration Options, Linkage to Public Grid
- Electrical Vehicles (EV): Charging System Design and Compatibility across all EV’s, Capacity Planning for Office/Campus Locations
- Net-Carbon Zero: CO2 Emission Reduction Strategy, Best Practices and Deployment Recommendations
- Infrastructure/Operational Security: Protecting Industrial Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Transmission Lines and Grids from Cyberattacks
- Sustainability Financial Benefits: Utility Incentives, plus Federal, State, Local Grants & Programs
- Cloud Computing Energy Savings
You will learn about Amazon’s Sustainability Data Initiative, which offer resources and capital to accelerate your sustainability projects, how the world’s largest corporation is working towards net-carbon zero operations, and the clean/renewal energy benefits of using the Amazon web services cloud to replace inefficient data centers.
OneSource Distribution offers case studies of organizations in the greater Los Angeles region successfully implementing sustainability programs.
This workshop appeals to individuals across multiple industries and all functions: sustainability, strategy, manufacturing, supply chain, facilities, engineering, training, environment, finance, marketing, government relations, plus information technology.
- Greg Spotts
- Chief Sustainability Officer, City of Los Angeles, StreetsLA
- 5 Innovation Themes for 2022: Sustainable Streetscape, Digital Everywhere, Path to Zero-Emmission Fleet, Greening Our Facilities, Circular Economy
- Minh Le
- General Manager, Energy and Environmental Services, County of Los Angeles
- 2022 Initiatives: Releasing Solar/Batteries PPA Master Agreement for All County Facilities, Deploying EV Infrastructure, Developing a Sustainability-Centric Workfoce
- Shailaja Suresh
- Senior Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Sustainability Data Initiative (ASDI), plus Carbon-Reduction Benefits of Amazon Web Services Cloud Replacing Energy Inefficient Data Centers