Mainframe and legacy applications: migration vs modernization vs on-prem
Friday March 5
12:00 – 3:45 ET, 9:00 – 12:45 PT
Mainframe & Legacy Apps: Mar 5
Many if not most of the “easy” applications have migrated to the cloud using containers/kubernetes, or been completely redesigned for the cloud, based on cloud native design platforms.
Organizations face much greater challenges in deciding what to with older mainframe and legacy applications, which are mission critical to their business but are increasingly difficult to maintain, much less upgrade.
- Should these applications be repackaged or redesigned for the cloud?
- Is there a hybrid option, offering the best of on-prem and cloud capabilities?
- How to secure confidential data that no longer resides within the mainframe, but across one or more software platforms and cloud services?
- What can be done to increase performance and reliability of mission-critical applications, in a non-mainframe, hybrid or multi cloud architecture?
- When is a Mainframe application the optimal architecture, and how to leverage the latest Software, Linux and Cloud Computing innovations?
Learn from and compare solutions from AWS, Microsoft and Google experts, plus other industry leaders, in one focused and technical program.
Scroll down for speakers and schedule; click on name and subject for more information. Given this comprehensive agenda, you can attend for only those sessions of specific interest. If you have a conflict, then please still register. You’ll receive a link for on-demand viewing and downloading of all presentations.
4 CPE Credit Hours are provided. There are three $100 gift card raffles, at the start, middle and end of the seminar. You must be online to win.
Microsoft Keynote Preview: Mainframe Transformation